Patrick House. 1890

337 Chestnut Ave, Waynesboro, VA 22980

Two-story frame Victorian house with novelty vinyl siding and an asphalt-shingled gable roof with a two-story gabled front wing and shed dormers on the side and rear. The one-story front porch has classical wood columns and a metal railing. The front entry has sidelights, transom, and a decorative surround. Other features include a brick foundation and interior brick chimney and flue, one-story front and side bay windows (that on the front with a bracketed cornice and a paneled apron), 2/2 windows with molded Victorian surrounds with turned corner blocks, and a two-tier back porch with replacement wood columns and a metal railing on the second tier. Concrete driveway runners extend into the lot from the street. A photograph taken in the summer of 1890 and published in Waynesboro Days of Yore (vol. 2, p. 31) shows the house under construction. It was owned by Mrs. H. C. Patrick in 1892. By 1935 the house had been made into two apartments occupied by Miss Mirian Arbuckle and D. K. Coolidge.

Carriage house. Ca. 1910. One-story frame with weatherboard siding, an overhanging metal-sheathed gable roof, a rockfaced concrete block foundation, and sliding matchboard doors.

Garden structure (wood). Late 20th c.

National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form 2/4/02