House. Ca. 1910

337 S Wayne Ave, Waynesboro, VA 22980

Two-story frame Colonial Revival house with novelty vinyl siding and an asphalt-shingle hip-with-deck roof and pedimented dormers with classical surrounds (the side dormers retain decorative diamond-pattern windows). The one-story wraparound porch has fluted Ionic columns on paneled wood pedestals, turned balusters, a gable aligned with the front entry, and a lattice underpinning. Other features include interior brick chimneys, a front entry with transom, sidelights and decorative surround, a south-side two-story bay window, modem 1/1 windows, a two-tier back porch with chamfered posts, turned balusters, and an exterior stair, and an adjoining sleeping porch with casement windows. A parking lot adjoins the south. In 1935 this house contained two apartments occupied by J. H. Michael and W. M. Humphries. Now The Preschool Place, associated with First Baptist Church next door to the north (located outside the district).

National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form 2/4/02