Paul Freed House. 1928-29

468 Pine Ave, Waynesboro, VA 22980

"Two-story Colonial Revival house of stretcher brick-veneer frame construction with an asbestos-shingle gable roof. The front entry has a classical pedimented surround and there is a south-end entry with a bracketed stoop. Other features include a poured-concrete foundation, a north-end exterior brick chimney with paved shoulders, 6/6 windows, and a one-story rear wing. A sign by the entry reads ""Antiques."" According to the present owners, the house was built in 1928 or 1929 on a speculative basis and was intended for employees of the Du Pont plant. Instead, Ford dealer Paul Freed was the first occupant. A. E. Beck lived here in 1935. (Dick and Betty Robertsofl)

Garage. 1928-29
One-story frame with novelty weatherboard siding, an asbestos-shingle gable roof, and batten doors."

National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form 2/4/02