House. 1912

473 Pine Ave, Waynesboro, VA 22980

Two-story Victorian house of stretcher brick or stretcher brick-veneer frame construction with a slate hip roof with gables containing single and three-part windows. The one-story wraparound porch has classical wood columns and turned balusters. Other features include a poured-concrete foundation, interior brick chimneys, a front entry with transom and sidelights, a secondary south-side entry with transom, 1/1 windows, a one-story back porch with chamfered posts and rectangular-section balusters, and a two-tier deck on the north side with an exterior stair. In 1935 the house was divided into two apartments occupied by Mrs. Charles Ellison and Martin Gene.

Garage. Late 20th c.
Large one-story frame with metal siding, a metal-sheathed gable roof, and wood and glass panel doors.

National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form 2/4/02