House. Ca. 1910; late 1920s

510 W 12th St, Waynesboro, VA 22980

Two-story frame house with novelty vinyl siding and a metal-sheathed front-gable roof. The two-tier front porch has modern posts and square-section balusters and an enclosed upper tier. Other features include a poured-concrete foundation, interior brick flues, a slightly lower two-story rear wing, and 2/2 windows. Sanborn maps suggest the building was built between 1907 and 1913 to serve as a carriage house, but for what residence is unclear. It originally (and through 1948) had a story-and-a-half east-side shed wing. On the 1920 map the building is identified as \""auto house.\"" Between 1925 and 1930 it was made into a dwelling. The house contained two apartments in 1935 occupied by J. L. Myers and J.M. Parr. asphalt-shingled gable roof.

National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form 2/4/02